Second Spotlight award for CMR-Technology
WeST Group will receive the acknowledged Spotlight on new Technology Award at OTC in may. This time for the Continuous Drilling and Circulation Unit, a central component of WeST`s CMR-technology.
“This will be our third Spotlight award, one of the most prestigious awards in the industry. A qualified jury believe in, and see potential in our technology. This makes us both proud and humble, says WeST Group`s CEO, Odd B. Skjærseth.
Substantial cost savings with robotization
- The Continuous Drilling & Circulation Unit (CDU) is the heart of the CMR Technology, offering the world´s first continuous drilling operation, and is also the world’s first fully robotized circulation unit”, Skjærseth explaines.
Here are some of the aspects which may have triggered the jury for the Spotlight award:
- The Continuous Drilling and circulation Unit (CDU) enables the rig to drill and circulate continuously and facilitates Managed Pressure Drilling.
- Safety risks are reduced by eliminating the use of personnel on the rig floor during drilling operations.
- The CDU eliminates pressure fluctuations, which will significantly reduce the risk for spills and pollution of the offshore environment.
- The CDU from WeST can achieve up to 50 % reduction the overall time of drilling operations due to its elimination of down-hole problems associated with differential sticking and pressure fluctuations.
WeST`s third Spotlight award
Previously, WeST`s milling tool, SwarfPak, and the Continuous Motion Drilling Rig (CMR), have been recipients of the award.
This year it`s the Continuous Drilling & Circulation Unit (CDU), the heart of the CMR Technology, which will be honored when OTC kicks off in may.
Complete list of this years Spotlight winners.
About OTC`s Spotlight on new Technology
The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) is where energy professionals meet to exchange ideas and opinions to advance scientific and technical knowledge for offshore resources and environmental matters.With this award, OTC recognizes innovative technologies each year. The award showcases the latest and most advanced technologies that are leading the industry into the future.